Change the Fuses in the Kenmore 90 Series Dryer
- Unplug the dryer’s power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Loosen the screw on the vent clamp.
- Unscrew and remove the screws along the edge of the back panel of the dryer.
- Lift the back panel off of the unit to expose the fuse within the Kenmore dryer.
- Unhook the two wires that connect to the thermal fuse.
Simply so, how do I know if my dryer thermal fuse is blown?
Touch the left multimeter lead to the left side of the thermal fuse; touch the right multimeter lead to the right side of the fuse. Keep an eye on the multimeter needle; a needle that fails to move indicates a blown thermal fuse. If this is the case, don’t fret: thermal fuse replacement is a simple task.
Also, where is the thermal fuse located in a Whirlpool dryer? Remove the back access panel on the dryer, and look for the exhaust duct near the bottom of the unit. The thermal fuse is either circular or oblong, often white plastic with black material in the center and two wire leads. The thermal fuse is mounted on the exhaust duct.
Also know, where is dryer thermal fuse located?
Thermal fuses are installed on the dryer’s exhaust duct. Typically, you must remove the back panel of a dryer to access the fuse. Ensure to shut off electrical power to the dryer before attempting to locate and troubleshoot the fuse.
How do I reset my thermal fuse?
How to Reset a Thermal Fuse
- Unplug the clothes dryer’s power cord from the wall outlet.
- Swing the front panel out towards you so that you can look into the compartment.
- Aim a flashlight at the flat-can-like component to locate the blown thermal fuse.