Clean a Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer
How to Clean a Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer
- Open the washer door and remove any clothing that is inside.
- Open the dispenser drawer and pour 2/3 cup of chlorine bleach.
- Press the “Cycle” button a few times until the “Clean Washer” cycle is selected.
- Press “Start.”
- Open the door after the cycle completes and leave it slightly open so the washer can dry.
Then, why does my Kenmore Elite washer smell?
Though meant to clean the clothes you put in, the overall smell emanating from your top loading Kenmore Elite is anything but clean. Often the result of mold or mildew, this smell is an indication that your washing machine is due for a good cleaning.
Secondly, how do I get rid of brown sludge in my washing machine? Just dump about 600ml down the main wash compartment, and wash on the hottest cycle you can. Vinegar is cheap. If there’s a real heavy build up of residue, it may be necessary to do two cycles, all with vinegar. I do this every month and have a pretty clean drum.
In respect to this, how do you run a clean cycle on a washing machine?
The best way to clean your front loading washer is simple:
- Select the hot water setting.
- Select the “extra rinse” option if your washer has that choice.
- Add ¾ cup of white vinegar OR ¾ cup non-chlorinated bleach (not both!) to the bleach dispenser or fill to its max level.
- Allow the cycle to run until it has completed.
Can vinegar damage your washing machine?
The acetic acid in distilled white vinegar is so mild that it will not harm washable fabrics; yet is strong enough to dissolve residues (alkalies) left by soaps and detergents. Adding just one-half cup of vinegar to the final rinse will result in brighter, clearer colors.