How to Remove Lint From the Dryer Cabinet of a Whirlpool Duet
Remove Lint From the Dryer
How to Remove Lint From Dry Clothes
The best way to remove lint from dry clothes includes using a lint roller or picking it off the fabric with sticky tape that’s been wrapped around your hand.
There’s another option that is so simple and obvious that it almost borders on genius. Wipe a dryer sheet over the fabric to get rid of lint in just one move!
How to Remove Lint from Clothes in the Dryer
Bounce® Dryer Sheets also act as a lint repellent. Just toss a sheet into the dryer to remove lint while your clothes dry.
Dryer sheets help reduce the build-up of static electricity in fabrics. This means the fabrics won’t cling to each other, and your clothes are also less likely to attract lint. When you use Bounce® Dryer Sheets, your next batch of laundry will not only come out of the dryer lint-free with reduced static cling, but will also be less wrinkled, soft as a purring kitten and smell fresh.
Lint is something nobody likes, but for some cosmic reason everybody gets it – it’s like the fabric version of a sunburn. While most of the lint will be grabbed by your dryer’s lint screen, some will always remain behind on your clothes. Fortunately for you, when following these steps that pesky lint problem will be a thing of the past!
- Remove lint screen from the dryer and wash in warm soapy water (see notes below)
- Use a screwdriver to remove the “cover” from the lint filter compartment and thoroughly clean with vacuum and microfiber cloth
- Use a lint vent cleaning brush to loosen lint and debris inside the dryer
- Do a shop vac or dryer vent vacuum hose attachment to suck up loosened lint and debris
- Replace the clean cover over the lint filter compartment
- Replace lint screen
- If possible, remove vent flap from the exterior dryer vent location and go through the same process of loosening the debris and sucking it out.
- Consider switching to wool dryer balls instead of fabric softener sheets (which cause build-up on lint screen)
When then lint screen becomes clogged with grease or residue from dryer sheets it doesn’t allow air to pass through as freely — which drastically slows down the drying process. I let the lint screen soak in hot water with a good degreaser and then scrub it until it’s totally clean.